This is an attractive opportunity for an experienced Data Engineer to join a leading, Private Equity backed business in the fast-growing Spanish residential rental industry that manages one of the largest privately held rental asset pool in Spain.
This role will report to the Data Engineer Lead in a dynamic growing team. He will be responsible for helping to select and implement the tools and processes required of a data processing pipeline in support of customer requirements.
The role is based in Madrid.
The Data Engineer’s primary responsibilities include-implementing ETL (extract, transform and load) pipelines, monitoring/maintaining data pipeline performance, and implementing big data or advanced analytics solutions. He/She is proficient in distributed computing principles and familiar with key architectures and has a broad experience across a set of data stores (Azure Data Lake Store, Azure Blob Storage, Azure Synapse, etc.) and data processing engines (Apache Spark, Azure Data Lake Analytics, etc.). The ideal candidate has experience working on solutions that collect, process, store, and analyse huge volumes of data, fast-moving data, or data that has significant schema variability.
• Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
• Gather and address technical and design requirements
• Participation in design work as well solutions delivery
• Working alongside a development lead and other teams and team members to help prioritize deliverables allowing you to focus on creating best-in-class solutions
• Implementation of Machine Learning solutions from our Data Analytics team to our current infrastructure
Qualifications / Experience
• 2+ years of related experience as a Data Engineer
• 2-3 years of experience building data pipelines to operationalize end-to-end solutions
• Strong knowledge of SQL and Python
• Experience with ETL architectures and implementation with PySpark
• Experience with cloud technologies, preferably Azure
• Preferable experience developing APIs, with technologies like Flask and GraphQL
• Proven ability to develop software using Agile methodologies
• Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through
• Prior work experience in a consulting/architecture position within a software & services company
• Problem-solving mentality, leveraging internal and/or external resources
• Good verbal and written communication
• Being able to communicate in English
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• High level of fluency in English and Spanish
• Preferable certificates on Cloud Data Engineer (AWS, Azure, GCP)
• Highly organized, data driven with strong analytical skills and attention to detail with the ability to analyze problems, determine and recommend solutions and drive the desired outcome.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong Customer service skills and passionate about service excellence.
• Proactive, decision focused, solution oriented, analytical.
• Pragmatic – able to balance competing pressures and influences to execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to collaborate and work with personnel at all levels.
• Able to engage, influence and motivate teams and individuals through change.